Maker Pro
Maker Pro

a theory to possibly get a 1000 volt super capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Super capacitors usually only go to 2.5v.

But there may be a way to get 1000 volts, and it lasting 1000x longer.

I think the way you could do it is use distilled water instead of tap water.

If you do that the resistance of the electrolyte goes up, and then it can possibly take charge from high-voltage instead of low-voltage without breaking down!

If you do that, the amount of carbon you need to use for the same capacitance is divided by the voltage, so a single plane super capacitor counts for alot more, so u need alot less carbon ink to make it.

Really good if that works!

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
did u get any work done? or was everyone's situation the same after as before? dindu nuffin?

Last edited:

John Canon

Jun 1, 2022
If you do that, the amount of carbon you need to use for the same capacitance is divided by the voltage, so a single plane super capacitor counts for alot more, so u need alot less carbon ink to make it.
Really good if that works!

Just stay away from mercury vapors. In our town an experimenter died from heating mercury, and the small apartment building was condemned. Keep reading the good stuff, experiment later.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Just stay away from mercury vapors. In our town an experimenter died from heating mercury, and the small apartment building was condemned. Keep reading the good stuff, experiment later.
I wont be using any mercury for this.

Just paper, charcoal and water is all I need, But there could be a danger of electric shock, with 1000 volts and 20 or so farads it could be lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.