Maker Pro
Maker Pro

AA rechargeable batteries 1.2v no good

carlosboyd

May 18, 2022
Hiya,

I've noticed a problem with trying to buy AA rechargeable batteries there are all 1.2v useless no good for RC nitro car or remote I got. I got a brand new fujimax 2800mah but 1.2v and won't power the receiver or car rs4 Evo 3 rtr hpi.

Batteries 4 in the car and 8 in the receiver.

So basically I'm after some AA ni-cd and ni-mh rechargeable batteries with 1.5v and a decent make with a good mah on them.

I've been stuck trying to find some and there must be some out there cheap enough to buy in the UK!

carlosboyd

May 18, 2022
Hiya,

I've noticed a problem with trying to buy AA rechargeable batteries there are all 1.2v useless no good for RC nitro car or remote I got. I got a brand new fujimax 2800mah but 1.2v and won't power the receiver or car rs4 Evo 3 rtr hpi.

So basically I'm after some AA ni-cd and ni-mh rechargeable batteries with 1.5v and a decent make with a good mah on them.
EBL AA 1.2V battery
I've been stuck trying to find some and there must be some out there cheap enough to buy in the UK!
thanks in advance for any help

Externet

Aug 24, 2009

The devices are meant to use 1.5V cells and you are using 1.2V cells. Why do you expect performing ?
And... is there a transmitter somewhere ?
And... have you measured the voltage of each cell while operating, to find if there is a defective one ?
And... Do 1.5V rechargeable cells exist ? There was a 1.6V NiZn PowerGenix cells brand that were a fraud.
iu

A trick I have done a few times is to replace CZn or alkaline cells with AA Li ion and dummy cells in a series holder to limit the voltage.

Other animal are AA Li ion cells with an internal regulator to output 1.5 each.
lithium-ion-aa-batteries.jpg

Another trick is to modify the device to use AA Li ion cells, by installing a voltage regulator at the battery holder/pack output to match the device requierements.

Last edited:

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
My (older) sets all run from 4.8v (4 x 1.2) and 9.6V (8 x 1.2).
What set have you got?. 6V receiver?

Martin

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Do you have either the manual or a link to your model..??

NiCads and Nickel metal are nominal 1.2v, nothing you can do to change that.

I'd be very surprised if an rc transmitter or receiver would not operate on 1.2v rechargable cells.

Servos and receiver will normally work fine down to at least 4v.

As for the transmitter, most have internal regulators so the internal system runs at a 5v level from the 9.6v supply.
They are intentionally made this way so to operate right down to at least 8v supply.

Perhaps a bit more investigation into what is really going on would help, rather than come to your own conclusion.