Maker Pro
Maker Pro

About robots

Anand babu

Mar 21, 2016
Tell me whether the robots are electronic based fully?

How the robots maintAin their heat condition.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Show us a robot. They come in all sorts of different sizes and personalities. Which robot did you have in mind? Got a manufacturer's name and model number? R2D2? C3PO? An older model, like Robby the Robot perhaps?

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
Robots do not necessarily require any electronics at all. See this
. You will find that the robot is completely mechanical, yet it contains a pressure based water sensor, and a binary step counter for a brain! This allows it to avoid the tide. 6:45 in you will see the computing unit.

The definition of a robot is debatable. I can remember seeing a definition that stated it was any machine that could carry out tasks in a human like manner, I would disagree with this, a robot does not have to be anything like a human. A robot does not need to be a physical entity either, if the action is manipulating data, then a robot could be software based. I would say that a robot is anything capable of carrying out an action or variety of actions autonomously. This is what humans are capable of, we are effectively very abstract, biological robots.

The robot found in the video is capable of moving around a beach and automatically recording and avoiding the tide. Watch the TED talk, it is very interesting.

How do you mean heat condition? Are you referring to cooling systems? If so, you have heat sinks, passive cooling, the peltier effect, forced air systems, water cooling, mineral oil cooling or magnetocaloric cooling, which requires no moving parts in a situation utilising a magnetocaloric pump. See here and here.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
I personally would use what Lavaguava has said and ask the op, what do you consider a robot?
there are android, mechanoids, cyborgs, nanites, 3d printers, replicators, AI controlled, steam controlled, wind controlled... the list goes on for years.
if the is a precise robot you are referring too then please give us a link.
in electronics the way a robot works is an "actuator" controls a limb or part. the heat that is generated is only from 2 sources, overloading the "limb" or the electronics over heating.. the electronics over heating is simply fixed by heat sinks and downgrading the workload or upgrading the parts.
the actuator over heating can be cooled by use of grease, lubricants, on the limbs to allow it to flow easier, downsizing the workload, upgrading the actuator needed OR you could possibly try cooling it with a fan or, in the case of remote control boats, they put tubing around the motor and water cool it.