Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Accidental Delete on Answ. Machine

Matrxlady

Oct 29, 2010
Been reading what I could find, but not much helped...
I accidentally deleted messages from my mawmaw (this is really important since she passed on) that was left on my message (so much for trying to listen to messages in the dark - must have hit the wrong button, machine said "0" messages...I am totally in the dumps over this one). And just a few days ago I was thinking "gee, I wonder if there is a way to permanently record these somehow and put them on a disk or something"!!!!
I turned answering off, but have no idea if something like that can be recovered.
It's a panasonic KX-TG5433 (M) (5.8Ghz "Digital Gigarange"), it's at least 5 yrs old...possibly older (I really do not remember when I got this thing...got it really cheap right after my last one died).
Any ideas, anyone??? Please?!!!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
are the messages recorded on a tape or other method ?

Dave

Matrxlady

Oct 29, 2010
Do they still sell tape machines? (I probably should get one to prevent accidental deletes...lol...I remember turning over the tape rather than deleting when it was full...well, that was a long time ago!)
It's a digital... :)

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
You did right in turning off answering as the first step. As you may know ordinary computer file systems doesn't delete the files themselves, only part of the reference to them.
So the message may still be in there, in a chip. It uses a Flash memory, and so it may be possible for a "hacker" with the right equipment to desolder the chip and read it out.
Then he has to figure out how to find the start & end of each message, and decode whatever format it was saved in (it could be mp3 or something similar).
I'd be surprised if Panasonic would offer any guidance in this matter but it could be worth a try. It's a weakness of these machines that there's no output whatsoever.

You have my sympathies btw.. Some 18 years ago I thought of saving the tape from my answering machine after my mom passed away, and only recently I got it digitized.