Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Acer X223W LCD Monitor

Angel Angelov

Oct 17, 2017
have the following problem with the AcerX223W monitor - when the video cable is not plugged in, it shows "no video signal" and when I connect it switches to "Sleep mode" and lights up amber, there is no picture. The computer's video card works fine. I guess it's 24c02

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'd open it up and look for swollen capacitors in the power supply. It might not be that, but it's a really good start.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It looks like you just quoted me without saying anything.

Angel Angelov

Oct 17, 2017
If electrolytic capacitors are not swollen, and when measuring with a multimeter show normal resistance, what is the reason they are not fit

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If electrolytic capacitors are not swollen, and when measuring with a multimeter show normal resistance, what is the reason they are not fit

To test the capacitors you'll need an ESR meter.

In my experience, replacing the filter capacitors in the switch mode power supply of an LCD monitor solves about half of the problems with them.

It's a cheap and easy fix, and my experience with Acer monitors is that it's not "if", but "when".

If you don't want to replace them straight away, try soldering some new caps temporarily in parallel with the existing ones. The only problem with this is that you then may have to operate the monitor with the power supply removed and exposed and this may be dangerous.