Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Add one resistor to give bipolar LM555 oscillator a 50:50 duty cycle

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I agree whole heartedly.
But he was certainly rude and no excuses are necessary.
Sometimes, little things just irritate the hell out of me. We all know predictive text can be very annoying and we see it every day on here. But we ‘know’ what the sentence should read.
I apologised because I fell for it and lowered myself to that level.

Martin

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
The problem with written communication ...

Meanwhile, speaking of communication, I'm happy to have learned something new. It's completely pointless to talk about design equations, as I tried to do in my very first post to this thread, when the topic is a flawed simulation result. The fellow using a simulator simply doesn't think about circuits that way.

For him, it seems to be a matter of "trust," even when the simulation contradicts a published data sheet. For example...

"Here's the simulation.
The duty-cycle is not close to 50%.
I trust the simulation, so I think Figure 14 is in error."

Good to know.

Thank you.

Last edited:

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
I agree whole heartedly.
But he was certainly rude and no excuses are necessary.
Martin

Was I? True. My response to your polite comments about salad bowls and trolling could have been much more civil.

Please forgive me.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Was I? True. My response to your polite comments about salad bowls and trolling could have been much more civil.

Please forgive me.
I stupidly replied to obnoxious posts by yourself. I apologised to the forum.
If you read it all back, you’ll see that you could have handled it differently.
Quoting on a misspelling is ridiculous as you know. Then having the audacity to claim that you didn’t understand because of a misspelling that you clearly understood was just ludicrous.
I suggest that you have a little more patience in the future and make friends rather than belittle.

Martin

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
I stupidly replied to obnoxious posts by yourself. I apologised to the forum.
If you read it all back, you’ll see that you could have handled it differently.
Quoting on a misspelling is ridiculous as you know. Then having the audacity to claim that you didn’t understand because of a misspelling that you clearly understood was just ludicrous.
I suggest that you have a little more patience in the future and make friends rather than belittle.

Martin
Of course. When you continued to persistently and ignorantly babble about irrelevant resistor tolerances even after I had correctly identified the actual problem with the inaccurate simulation (a bogus model with an erroneous trigger voltage) I should have been much more patient.

After all, the civil person should always be ready to apologize for being right.

And certainly never to expect an apology from those who were wrong.

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
You just can’t help yourself, can you?.

Sadly, no. You present an irresistible temptation. :mad:

For example, here -- where you seem to have forgotten that my comment about "silicone" came AFTER, not before, yours about salad bowls and trolling.

Last edited:

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Sadly, no. You present an irresistible temptation. :mad:
Are you UK based?.
We can of course continue this over a pint. I’ve always been an irresistible temptation. Your boyfriend will corroborate the times I denied his advances.