Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Adjustable double strobe LED circuit debugging

trondyne

Oct 17, 2012
Hey all,

Well I have been trying to get this circuit to work..

This is all I have to work from (See attachment)

The circuit fills most of my second circuit requirements..

The only thing missing from this potentially is that I need 2 output channels for two LEDs.

From what I understand this is a high current circuit so I assume it should be able to power 2 LEDs which in my case would be 2 half watt LEDs either Red or White but it would be nice if the circuit could power up to two 1 watt LEDs.

The only other consideration is the size (smaller is better) of the final unit which is not critical however the unit would be more manageable if the giant 1000u was not needed.. I don't fully understand it's function here or if a smaller cap might be possible.

I have this replicated on my bread board but it does not work yet.. I am uncertain of all my parts I have two 555 chips that were never tested..and my resistor values are close but not exact to what is listed...also listed seems two different R refs which I am unsure of. I also am uncertain if this circuit works as indicated or if I am doing something wrong..

Power source is 4.8 volt pack for testing most likely a 5V regulated for application.

Any help is always appreciated.

Jim

Attachments

• adjustable double strobe.jpg
    adjustable double strobe.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:

trondyne

Oct 17, 2012
When you snagged that flawed circuit design from the original post did you actually read the post?

https://www.electronicspoint.com/need-help-strobe-circuit-t245334.html

Wow. I did not "snag" that from any post... It was captured from a video...

I'll review the thread.

EDIT:

On first glance that thread doesn't appear to solve the problem of this circuit and ends vaguely suggesting something completely different..

In the video the circuit works.

If someone has another circuit idea that fills the same req based off 555s or a 556 that would be great..

Last edited: