Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Adjusting low voltage cut out relay

mozza147

Oct 31, 2011
Hi guys, newbie on board!!

We've recently installed a cctv system at work, which because our power supply normally comes from a generator, we've connected it to an old 110vdc emergency lighting central battery unit so it will operate when the generator is off. It seems the low voltage cut off is set at 100v which is not enough to last over the weekend. It has an adjustment on the potentiometer to either lower or raise the cut out point. My question is: How can I tell what voltage it is being adjusted to, or is it a case of try it and see?
Any help would be appreciated.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Ajust voltage of battery bank

Hi there welcome from me. It would be easy to say try it and see, can you put a drawing or shematic together and post it, i expect it can be ajusted, but you need to go the right way and the correct amount of travel, ive an idea what you mean, but a drawing of the unit will make it more accurate.
Dave.

mozza147

Oct 31, 2011
Hi Dave, cheers for the reply.
Been doing some tests on it this morning. It appears that the cut out point is actually somewhere below 90v but unfortunately the computer that links the cameras to the internet wont operate at below 92vdc!! Oh well, back to the drawing board! Think it was always going to be a big ask for the batteries anyway as these units are not designed to run for prolonged periods.