Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Advice on splitting voices

MichaelvH

Oct 19, 2016
Hi

I am looking into building a sound box of sorts and at the moment I am trying to figure out everything first.
My question is if I speak into a mic is it possible to to split my voice into different frequencies? So in theory I want to be able to speak into a microphone and have my voice come out of each speaker in a different frequency.

Thank you
Michael

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Google "bandpass filters"

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Could you be a little more detailed in what you are trying to do? Do you mean that you want to change the frequency of your voice? Or do you mean that the lower frequencies should come out of one speaker and the higher frequencies out of another? The second is what is called a crossover network.

Bob

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Your voice has a fundamental frequency and many harmonic frequencies but I do not think you want to hear only a harmonic frequency. I think you want to change the frequencies of your voice.
Maybe you want it to sound high pitched like a little girl or sound low pitched like a monster.

A quick look in Google shows that there is a cheap voice frequency changing IC RTS0072B available on ebay.
Here is the schematic shown in a project:

Attachments

• voice changer.png
    voice changer.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 68

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The first time I looked at the datasheet it had only the first page and a page written in Chinese.

Pin 5: "The voice effect are adjusted ...." Does this pin activate the other adjustment pins?
Pin 6: "Amplifying voice effect or Transposing voice effect". What do they do?
Pin 7: "Robot voice effect." What is it?

I think a demonstration video is needed.

MichaelvH

Oct 19, 2016
Thanks to everyone for their input; it is amazing.
I will try explain a little better what I want to try achieve.
I would like to try build a machine which has a mic on one side (which you can speak into) and on the other side there will be for argument sake six speaks and when I speak into the mic my voice will be split into various frequencies and each frequency would be pumped out of an individual speaker.
It would probably sound quite annoying but I am willing to risk the annoying factor:)

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Take one mic preamp and it feeds six RTS0072B circuits that have their pin 5 grounded and you adjust the pot on each circuit for the voice frequency you want.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You still have not specified whether you are trying to separate out the multiple frequencies in your voice, or you want to change the frequency of your voice to a different frequency. The methods for doing these two things are entirely different, so we need to know which it is.

Also note that some part of the voice is not at specific frequencies, i.e. it is noise. What do want to happen with that?

Bob

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
It occurs to me that there might even be a third interpretation of what you are trying to do.

Maybe you mean that, depending on what frequency your voice is at, it would come out of one of several speakers. For instance, if you sang a song, each note might come out of a different speaker.

So which of my 3 possible interpretations is it?

Bob