Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Advice to up rate a circuit board power handling

LesM

Nov 20, 2022
Hi all
I am in need of some advice regarding a circuit I have.
The working of this circuit is just what I require except that it cannot Handel the amps that the motors (2) draw.
The project is to replace the door mirrors on my mini with folding mirrors, the 12v motors have 2 wires to operate them when the connections are reversed the motor runs in the opposite direction, I am not sure if at the end of there movement the power is cut by the mirrors them selves so to prevent any possible damage to the motors the circuit board has timers that cut power after an adjustable length of time
I have checked the amps that is drawn on 1 motor vehicles in the opening direction and in the closing direction, opening = 3.7 amps to fold out and 2.7 amps to close fold in
At the end of the travel when stoped there is a 0.13mA showing on my meter
Apart from changing the relay can anyone advise me regarding any other components that would need changing to allow this circuit to work with my 2 motors.
Any advice really appreciated.
Thanks
Les

Below is the information for the circuit board

Cyclic Time relay with separate adjustable two timers.
Timer 1 - 1 to 700 sec
Timer 2 - 1 to 300 sec
With reversing the polarity at every cycle
Power supply - 12V DC
Output - 12V DC 2A
DPDT Relay: 2А/12V DC. Up to 24 w motor
Times are adjusted by two adjusters

90172673-536C-4428-BCD1-5695CDFA81B0.jpeg

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You could remove the existing relay and wire the coil connections to a standard 'car' replay (plug-in type) which itself would be able to handle more than enough current. Don't forget to include a fuse just to be safe.