Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Air Hockey Score Board - Need silicone conductive button

Grubster

Nov 21, 2022
Hi, I am unable to find a silicon conductive button to repair my Brunswick digital electric scoreboard for my air hockey table. Does anyone know where I can find one of these? I ripped apart an old video game controller to get a Little conductive pad and stuck it in there and pressed it with a stick in the button does still work. But I’d like to find a button that’s the right size to put in there permanently. You can see what it looks like in the attached picture. The reset button is the same as the select button.

On a sidenote, when I first started using this the sound worked perfectly. Now the sound does not work either. How would I go about troubleshooting why the sound is not working? I did open it up and verify all the wires were still connected correctly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 5

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to maker.pro.
I doubt you'll find just the button being sold, but you could easily make one by cutting off a short length of plastic rod of a suitable diameter (perhaps an old pen-top) and hot-melt-gluing a small thin disc/pad to the base.

Grubster

Nov 21, 2022
Welcome to maker.pro.
I doubt you'll find just the button being sold, but you could easily make one by cutting off a short length of plastic rod of a suitable diameter (perhaps an old pen-top) and hot-melt-gluing a small thin disc/pad to the base.
I swear when I first looked I found a sheet of generic silicone buttons on eBay, and I can’t find them anymore. I tried something similar to what you described but didn’t glue it as I was set on finding silicone button. The hard plastic doesn’t have any springy play. It’s fine, and I might try that if nobody else has an idea. I was thinking an old remote control might have the right size button I could cut out.