Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Air hockey table. Ac adapter issue

Elderjason

May 27, 2017
Kids air hockey table. The scoreboard has own power supply and I lost ac adapter (6v 1.8 amp). I have another ac adapter (6v 2 amp) but the tip is too big. Can I just wire it directly?
See pic. If I can, what wires go together?

The wire is difficult to replace so I'm hoping wiring directly will work.

Many thanks in advance.

Jason

Attachments

• 20170526_194942.jpg
    20170526_194942.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 155

Elderjason

May 27, 2017
You can wire it directly but don't make a trip hazard.
Looks like Red is positive (+) 6vdc and black is negative.

Thank you. I successfully wired the ac adapter to the air hockey table. It works but only for 2 days. I have tested the amps in the ac adapter and I am not getting any amps from the ac adapter. It was brand new, but I am guessing it may have went bad. Is it as simple as getting another ac adapter or is there a bigger problem here?

Thank you. Jason

twister

Feb 12, 2012
[QUOElderjason, post: 1733475, member: 48848"]Thank you. I successfully wired the ac adapter to the air hockey table. It works but only for 2 days. I have tested the amps in the ac adapter and I am not getting any amps from the ac adapter. It was brand new, but I am guessing it may have went bad. Is it as simple as getting another ac adapter or is there a bigger problem here?

Thank you. Jason[/QUOTE]
Get another power supply but put a 2 amp fuse in line. If the fuse blows you will know that the game has a fault.

twister

Feb 12, 2012
Get another power supply but put a 2 amp fuse in line. If the fuse blows you will know that the game has a fault.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I have tested the amps in the ac adapter and I am not getting any amps from the ac adapter. It was brand new, but I am guessing it may have went bad. Is it as simple as getting another ac adapter or is there a bigger problem here?

Thank you. Jason
To be clear this is a 6v DC adapter. I assume you know that checking amperage will show a result only if you have a load completing the circuit with your meter in series with it.
In other words, if the air hockey game or anywhere in the circuit is open circuit, you will not read amperage.
Start by reading the voltage of the adaptor and look for an internal fuse that may have popped. If you replace a fuse, verify that you still have 6vdc with the game running.