Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Airplane transmitters/receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTP4500

Mar 3, 2018
SHF: 3 Ghz to 30 Ghz. The way I figured if you wanted fix one of these equipment in an airplane, you would only need a certification. Here goes! How long do you suppose the airplane in the air picks up a transmission from the cockpit, flying at 500 mph towards an island say like Kapahulu, Maui? If you were at about 12 miles to tower, do you think the transmitters would come on in the cockpit? Receivers. Anyway, how would you go about testing this receiver? My guess, using a oscillator, volt meter, battery pack, few tools, and few other frequency charts tables for receiving. If you were to fix it on board, just like the job you'll be hired to do, what would be your plan to fix it? The pilots may have complained too much static, fuzzy, and at times, no reception. Just too dangerous to continue to fly with these problems on board. Woa...You're giving that job to me? Yep!

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Airplane communications use AM that is full of static and interference so that a pilot in trouble can break in. If FM was used then a pilot in trouble will be blocked by FM's "capture ratio". Communications use VHF from 118MHz to 137MHz, not microwaves.

I do not think a technician repairs a radio in the airplane, instead he replaces the radio then repairs the radio on the bench.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
CTP - where in the world do you get your information.
No one repairs anything on an aircraft while it is in flight. Ever.
Air traffic communications do not use GHz carrier frequencies. Neither does anything else interacting with an airplane in flight.
The speed of an aircraft does not affect how long an interchange with air traffic control takes.
Neither does the distance from the aircraft to the field.
Aircraft radios do not run on batteries.
Woa...You're giving that job to me? Yep!
Nope. No one is giving you that job. There is no such job.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
My guess, using a oscillator, volt meter, battery pack, few tools, and few other frequency charts tables for receiving. If you were to fix it on board, just like the job you'll be hired to do, what would be your plan to fix it? The pilots may have complained too much static, fuzzy, and at times, no reception. Just too dangerous to continue to fly with these problems on board. Woa...You're giving that job to me? Yep!

CTP4500
this is another of your very odd posts

I sent you a private message last nite, can you please respond to it :)

Thanks @Audioguru for the good response :)

this thread is closed

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.