Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Aiwa turns back on after turning off

I have an Aiwa CX-NAJ14, that turns itself back on after turning it off. It doesn't matter if it's turned off via remote or the front panel power button. The display says "good-bye" as most Aiwas do, displays the time, thenabout two seconds later it powers back up again. I haven't pulled the cover off, but this seems odd. Maybe bad electrolytics? Has anyone ran across this problem before, or have a schematic for this unit?

I have an Aiwa CX-NAJ14, that turns itself back on after turning it off. It doesn't matter if it's turned off via remote or the front panel power button. The display says "good-bye" as most Aiwas do, displays the time, then about two seconds later it powers back up again. I haven't pulled the cover off, but this seems odd. Maybe bad electrolytics? Has anyone ran across this problem before, or have a schematic for this unit?

Ha ha, just fixed it. It's amazing how typing about a problem gets the mind working. I thought maybe it wouldn't turn off because the time wasn't set, and wouldn't you know, that did it! Amazing...so simple! Way too oftenI ignore easy, obvious stuff.

H

hr(bob) [email protected]

Jan 1, 1970
You'd think the design engineers would have sorted that bug out pretty early
in development though.

Gareth.

Well, it sorta makes sense, it is telling you to set the time, bet
that's buried somewhere in fine print in a footnote in the instruction
manual, maybe even in English<g>.