Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Akai PDP4298ED Plasma tv problem. ..looking to pinpoint issues to fix

DjLost

Jan 11, 2014
I have a 42 inch Akai plasma flatscreen..it works fine when I first turn it on...but after watching it for awhile it starts to make a clicking noise sometimes just for a few seconds then stops then starts again..if I keep on after it starts clicking, speed and duration of clicks increase then vertical lines will start to appear. .after awhile tv go black but sound will continue. .if I shut off then on picture will come back.. but process will start over again but will start to fail faster. .the longer its off the longer it takes to start clicking again.. I removed back cover and clicking sound seems to be coming from a very large capacitor. .about a inch to inch and a half in diameter. .any help would be appreciated..thank you.

quantumtangles

Dec 19, 2012
Hi. Please send us a clear high resolution photo of the circuit boards in the unit and we may be able to help. Seems as though you may need to replace the capacitor. Precisely what is written on the side of the capacitor (voltage and micro-farad (uF) specifications?

Kind regards