Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Altec Lansing BX1121 Pinout

crippy

Feb 16, 2019
Hi all. I am following this forum post from 2015, and I am confused on the diagrams.

It says on the far right pin 1 should be blue, however on the connector diagram, it shows the color as brown.....am I missing something??

Attachments

• C16RUu2.png
    C16RUu2.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 32
  • C16RUu2.png
    C16RUu2.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 29

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Maybe they changed the colours of the wires? Are the colours in the same order at the other end of the cable?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Crippy . . . .

Reference to:

https://www.electronicspoint.com/fo...i-need-to-hook-up-9-pinmini-din-wires.275693/

Now, if you " apprehended " and properly " congested " all of my info contained within that posting, all was being correct.

As I mentioned, the small sizing of the D mini connector drawing , gave me a "rat's anal orfice" . . . . "chance in Hades" of my being able to place legible SIZE numerical markings WITHIN that connectors confined drawing, therefore I opted to use, easily fitting, color coded squares within the connectors, being placed adjunct to each relevant pin.

As I said, textually, within the post, the external numbers were then being cross referenced to the proper EIA color codes.(In case of a lack of knowledge of EIA color codes. )
This had NOTHING being related to the wire colors, going to and associated with the DIN connector pins.

The gray marked flowing box charts at the far right give the:
1. AMP function connection . . .as . . .
2. Related . . . to its wire color . . .as
3. Related . . . to its DIN pin connection.

That one . . .enhanced and reworked photo I used . . . . was the sole GOOD referencing being available, as all of the rest were being BLURRRRR city.

73's de Edd . . . . .

Why in the world, do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the DRIVE -UP ATM ?

crippy

Feb 16, 2019
Sir Crippy . . . .

Reference to:

https://www.electronicspoint.com/fo...i-need-to-hook-up-9-pinmini-din-wires.275693/

Now, if you " apprehended " and properly " congested " all of my info contained within that posting, all was being correct.

As I mentioned, the small sizing of the D mini connector drawing , gave me a "rat's anal orfice" . . . . "chance in Hades" of my being able to place legible SIZE numerical markings WITHIN that connectors confined drawing, therefore I opted to use, easily fitting, color coded squares within the connectors, being placed adjunct to each relevant pin.

As I said, textually, within the post, the external numbers were then being cross referenced to the proper EIA color codes.(In case of a lack of knowledge of EIA color codes. )
This had NOTHING being related to the wire colors, going to and associated with the DIN connector pins.

The gray marked flowing box charts at the far right give the:
1. AMP function connection . . .as . . .
2. Related . . . to its wire color . . .as
3. Related . . . to its DIN pin connection.

That one . . .enhanced and reworked photo I used . . . . was the sole GOOD referencing being available, as all of the rest were being BLURRRRR city.

73's de Edd . . . . .

Why in the world, do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the DRIVE -UP ATM ?

Ohhh I understand now, the colors on the pin drawing are just to show where the numbers correlate to on the plug?

It also looks like the thinner black wire and the "golden" bare wires get soldered onto the dim shell for ground? (if you happen to remember)

crippy

Feb 16, 2019
Thank you all very much, and thank you 73's de Edd for still being around (lol) :) to help answer my questions.

I was not able to re-solder the cables back onto the original din plug (After removing the ridiculously annoying plastic shell) due to so much factory solder being on there, and in general just because the pin are so tiny. I was quite worried about cross conductivity going on, and I was getting mildly frustrated because again...everything is / was TINY.

So I went and ordered a din cable extension (Male to male specifically a '9 pin mini din type b non standard') off of Amazon and cut one end off and spliced the wires that way. I used a multi meter on Ohms with the beeping mode, to determine what color wires went to what pins on the new cable.
I made a second pinout for that cable, having to then "Flip it over" since I couldn't see the backside of the pins just the front.

Anyway after I spliced on a new din "leader" the speakers work perfect!!! I am very thrilled...love these speakers and I've had them for seems like 10+ years...they bring back memories to hear their sound.

Here is the cable I bought off amazon. I'm not sure how much longer they will be available, as in general mini din cables / connectors seem to be dying.

I also made a Imgur album of my little "journey" so if you are doing this yourself, you can see what you may get into...as a note on my "custom" wiring diagram paper, the "new" area on the lower right-ish is for the plug from amazon. The upper left-ish area is for the OEM Altec Lansing plug.

Also as a note with pin 4. I simply spliced the black OEM wire onto the wire that went to pin 4 on the "new din header cable" and it works fine...just be sure to connect the brass ground cable to the outside of the shell, or in my case I soldered it onto the ground lead for the new "din leader head".

Again thanks all!!

Jkane1

May 21, 2023
Can someone help me hook up speakers to my receiver to the amp

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Can someone help me hook up speakers to my receiver to the amp
This seems totally innocent so I believe you have to start your own thread.
Include make and model photographs everything you have a link perhaps of the item.
Screenshot_20230520_195532_1684637859724.png