Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Amana A024SE Oven Varistor Blown

ZachLennie

Jul 31, 2021
Hi everyone. I have a very old Amana oven in my house and I need some help fixing it.

The oven part works fine, but the electronic timer and time cook panel is totally dead. I turned off the power to the unit and pulled the cover off, and found a component in the middle of the top control board blown entirely apart.

Luckily the manual was still tucked away inside the control panel and it has a basic diagram of the timer board. It shows that component as being a varistor.

I can pretty easily replace that varistor, but I seem to remember that usually when the varistor blows, it is supposed to blow a fuse as well? I can't find any fuses on any of the boards in this thing. Are there situations where just the varistor alone would blow and cause the control panel to not work, or do you think there is a fuse somewhere that I am missing?

I have included a picture of the board with the blown component, and the diagram in the manual.

v4DOkIU.jpg

yIfvNvS.jpg

PETERDECO

Dec 19, 2019
Welcome to the forum. It looks like there is another circuit board underneath. Have you looked at it?