Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Android IR blaster

Pavle

Sep 21, 2015
How can I make built in IR blaster for my android ???

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
built in? that means takking your phone apart and doing SMD work
what you could do is use the ear phone jack to send out a signal to a infrared LED. then get your programming hat on and make an app to control it

Pavle

Sep 21, 2015
I want to make IR blaster inside my android.How to do that ???

garublador

Oct 14, 2014
You'll have to find an IR blaster IC that accepts some sort of communication bus that's available in your phone and converts it to IR communication (I'd just try to find what's already used in phones with a IR blaster included). Then you'd have to find a way to wire that IC and other necessary components (capacitors, resistors, etc) onto that bus and get it powered in your phone. Then you'd have to find a way to fit that group of components in your phone. Then you'd have to find a IR LED that will fit in your phone and find a way to wire it to your IC. Then you'd have to modifty the phone case to allow that IR LED to transmit out. Then you'd have to find (or make) drivers for the IC you found, build it into the version of Android you want to use. Hopefully at that point you can find an app that is able to access that driver and use the blaster.

If this is a project you have control of (i.e. it's something you're developing yourself) then it might not be all that bad. The software part may be the worst part if drivers aren't available. If you're talking about adding it to an existing device (like a mass produced Android phone you own) then it will probably be anywhere from very difficult to impossible, especially if you want to keep the same enclosure.

Either way, you'll have to be way more specific and give many more details if you want anything more specific than that.

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
Maybe get a used phone that has a blaster already built in? They are sometimes cheap on eBay. Galaxy S4 comes to mind.

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
I did a quick and easy google search for IR blaster ic chip and came up with these two links:

http://www.infraredremote.com/RS117.htm

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/digital/microcontrollers/MAXQ616.html

You will need to figure out how to integrate them into your project and what supporting components you need to make it all work.

But if I understood your initial post, then I think you are out of luck with installing an internal IR blaster into your phone unless your phone already has the connectors for the modules and needs the case that has the filter. Then you can try to find the modules and case and put it all together. You will most likely need to install a new firmware or something that includes software that can control the new hardware. Like I said before, you will be best off just getting a used phone that has a blaster already installed and transfer your service over to that device if you so desire. Otherwise, you can simply use the device as WiFi only. The two links lead to chips that can be the basis of a remote control project if you wish to build one.

Hope this helps you...good luck!

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
Get a new phone. You cannot install a blaster in the Neo. It never came with one so I don't think you will be able to install one yourself.

This may be a fruitless thread.....