Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Any fm transmitter circuit with 2 pin 32.768mhz clock oscilator?

Axe

Dec 24, 2022
I'm new at electronics and I couldn't find any fm transmitter circuit with with 32.768 clock oscillator. I saw they use harmonics and multiply the frequency and I think I just need 3rd harmonics fm transmitter that uses any oscillator. Thanks for help.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I'm new at electronics and I couldn't find any fm transmitter circuit with a 32.768 clock oscillator.

you probably wont as that as you stated is a ""clock oscillator"" not a transmitter oscillator

What are you trying to achieve ?

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
If your crystal is mounted inside a small metal tube marked "32.768" it is probably a clock crystal, commonly found in watches and "quartz" time pieces. It resonates at 32,768 Hz. Note that this frequency is nowhere near 32.768 MHz.

In America, the FM broadcast band frequencies are 88 MHz to 108 MHz. You would need to multiply your quartz crystal frequency by approximately 2,685 to reach 88 MHz, and somewhat more if you want to reach 108 MHz... that's a far cry from simple frequency tripling. A 30 MHz crystal (if you can find one) when frequency-tripled would put you at 90 MHz. Or, for 88 MHz, use 29.333 MHz and for 108 MHz, use a 36 MHz and a frequency tripler circuit.

@Axe: None of this is important right now because you obviously don't know anything yet about what you are doing or trying to do. There are dozens (if not hundreds or more) FM transmitter circuits published on the Internet for use as microphone "bugs" whose audio is received surreptitiously somewhere nearby. Or you can use one of those circuits for a karaoke microphone and host a singing party.

But, as @davenn requested in post #2 above, please tell us what you are trying to achieve. We don't need to hear about any attempted solution if it doesn't work. OTOH, if you are a drive-by poster looking for quick answers, please ignore this message.