Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Anyone know anything about the TeLi A6 "stereo" (mono) amp?

Sidecar Bob

Dec 19, 2021
A few years ago I bought two TeLi A6 amplifiers so I could put them in 2 rooms in the garage, each with a pair of speakers. They sounded OK and half of the stuff I listen to in the garage is mono so it took me a while to start wondering if they are actually stereo or mono but whenever I was working on things in the garage and thought about it I didn't have time to investigate. While I was setting up the subwoofer in the garage last week I took the time and discovered that the output of these amps is actually mono.
I had a few minutes to spare this evening and mu curiosity was drawing me to the one I left on the bench to examine so I opened it up and found that the power amp is a TA201AK single channel (BTL) amp with the same output sent to both left & right speaker terminals but the pre-amp is a 4558D dual channel opamp and the controls are all dual.
From what I can tell it appears to be stereo right up to the point where the signal is sent to the power amp's input and the left & right are bridged at that point.

Has anyone else come across anything like this?