Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Anyone know where i can buy this component?

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Saludos, Jorge.

Reminds me of linear potentiometers that failed shortly in my manufacturing job years ago.
The complain placed to the manufacturer ALPS stirred many engineers that said their manufacturing process had a weak riveting problem and would correct such.

We continued to purchase them, but I implemented reworking the new ones with silver ink coating on and around the pin and resistive trace to ensure functionality. A painful operation by assembly personnel but ensured reliability.

Depending on the quantities of pins needed, you have to look into chinese manufacturers of potentiometers; or for small quantities just buy potentiometers that meet your needs and remove those pins carefully and apply conductive ink at the contact area before riveting.
Or replace them.

These are not the exact ones I had the problem with, but just a link :
----> http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/Potentiometer/SlidePotentiometers/RSN/RSA0N111900Q.html
And they do not sell small quantities.

China :
----> https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...20170127094121&SearchText=slide+potentiometer

Jorge Felix

Jan 27, 2017
Hola Externet
Thanks for your quick answer and help.
Maybe the only solution is to do what you told me, buy some cheap potentiometers and extract the terminals.
I think it is almost impossible to find this old eyelet terminals.
For the project I am working on I liked the idea of using terminals identical to the original ones, but I think I will give up and look for other solutions.
Thank you very much for the information and the links.
Kind regards
Jorge

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
It is very easy to find those pins, but not for us. We would have to be in China and know a potentiometer manufacturer who would gladly give a handful for free.

Buena suerte, paisano.

Last edited: