Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Apex le40d5 aspect ratio

Robert andrews

Oct 30, 2016
Hey there.
New to this thread thing but figured id give it a go.
Just bought this apex le40d5 40 inch from a buddy today and it works great. My only problem is the picture goes past the border. I have tried to change the picture settings with no luck. If anyone has an idea how to change it or could point me in the direction of a manuel that would be much appriciated!
Cheers.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Robert andrews. . . . . . .

ON the older CRT based TV's there were definitely trimming adjustments to set the scanned width and height, where you just set them for a just wide enough picture,
You set for a purposeful, very SLIGHT 1/2 in overscan.
Then, came along the utilization of microprocessor controlled menus, it was still possible, but KNOWING how to get access and the visiting of a complex "hidden" service menu was required.
In that situation, the settings are digitally manipulated and then stored within an internal EAROM memory chip

With the advent of new flat screen TV's, with their preassigned full screen pixel formats of 720 or 1080 or 1440.I think that you are now limited to the picture dimensions that those mandate to.
No alterations.
HOWEVER the manufacturer does have variants of shifting between the old picture height to width ratios or the newer wide screen format or a different set of " Zoom "(closeup) settings.
That is where the pic is blown up . . . .just the opposite of that condition which you are seeking correction of.
I know that my sets are doing somewhat of the same thing as yours , when I see movies titling at their start or very end, where I know and can see that I am missing a persons FULL first name.
I then KNOW that I have to live with it, or if recorded it, I switch to the old quasi "square" 4:3 picture ratio with the menu . . . . and have the wide black borders on each side.
Then I rerun the recording and see all of the text.

Now there is the possibility that your set is now in one of those ZOOM variant settings, so consult this Apex manual on page 27 for its info.
Some "rug rat" may have tried piano playing with your units openly exposed ZOOM button.
If such ws the case, then sit them down, remote in hand, and say Bad rat . . .You BAAAAAD rat . . .NOOOOOO !

Apex Manual:

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Apex_LD4088_Manual.pdf

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator: