Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Apprentice Resume/C.V. - Include website and Youtube channel?

Appy1

Dec 16, 2017
Hi.

I was hoping you could give a young apprentice a bit of advice. I'm going to be graduating from vocational school soon and as part of my C.V. I was thinking about including links to a personal website and Youtube channel. I'm hoping this would help me stand out from my graduating class and generate more interest from potential employers.
The website would cover modules from school, home improvements I've done, and different certifications I've gotten over the last year; so far it mostly consists of pictures and notes. The Youtube channel would have different videos: circuits, diagrams, and some other projects. I'm still working on both, but you can check out my channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWJ6cpc89n5D3Bg88i--xYw) to get an idea of the videos I'm making. Right now it's not much, but I have two very complicated circuits going up soon and major home reno video as well.

If you have the time I'd greatly appreciate your input.
Should I include these in my C.V.? Is it a waste of time?

Thanks in advance.

Irv

Jun 7, 2017
Sure, include them - but add narration!
That would prove that you actually know what it's supposed to do,
not just that "something happens" when you push buttons.

Of course, just the fact that no smoke comes out proves something.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I don't think a potential employer would want to go trolling though web sites to get to your information.
Would be much better to provide whatever detail you can give.

AmyRodriquez

Nov 19, 2018
I would advise you to add these links to your resume only if they are really related to your work or can show your skills best. But if this is just extended information about your work on yourself, then you shouldn't. You already put it in the resume itself. I didn't write my resume myself, I ordered it after I read resume prime reviews, so maybe I'm not the best adviser. But you can read this review and consult with these guys.

AdamAC

Nov 23, 2018
If you put as many useful information in the CV and if the youtube channel and website match that information, then add them. If they aren't related to the job you are applying for then it is kind of a waste of time because most employers don't look at additional links you provide them.