Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Arduino programing?

Pexy

Feb 21, 2016
I was watching videos about arduinos and their programing so I wondered is it posible to program an arduino with
fischertechnik robo pro software. I am asking this because i used the software to program robots when I was in Roboticks Club in my town. The club does not exist any more but i would still want to do stuff like that. Is it possible to controll simple circuts with arduino programed in fischertechnik robo pro software (if posible).
Thanks for the response.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I was watching videos about arduinos and their programing so I wondered is it posible to program an arduino with
fischertechnik robo pro software. I am asking this because i used the software to program robots when I was in Roboticks Club in my town. The club does not exist any more but i would still want to do stuff like that. Is it possible to controll simple circuts with arduino programed in fischertechnik robo pro software (if posible).
Thanks for the response.
Immediately out of the box, most likely not.
Please take a look at the program you have and take a look at the supported architectures. (Should be a list of PIC, AVR, or other microcontrollers)
If you have some AVR in there, then you could possibly do it...
If not, see if you can manually create or tweak an existing config file to add your own architecture.

Please remember that the code that is made for an 'Arduino' is no more special than the code for a PIC or any other microcontroller, the catch though is that the code generated by the program is generated specifically for the 'target' chip it will reside on.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Sry i can't find any of the things you mentioned. If you want to take a look here's the website of the program and where i got mine.
http://www.fischertechnik.de/en/Home/downloads/computing.aspx
This would require some serious attention then to make it work...
The "C-Compiler for ROBO Interface Version 1.66a" contains headers which are commonly used to translate the more user friendly codes and functions to a more 'machine-like' equivalent. You also have a Compiler there that takes the program you wrote, references it to the header files, then uses the compiler that is set to a specific architecture to spit out a binary blob that is flashed on the microcontroller.

This is not a simple task, and unless someone has taken the time and effort to create the required files for the various Arduino platforms you are out of luck.

The arduino programming packages are pretty intuitive. I would strongly suggest using them instead of trying to shoehorn an arduino into your existing programming environment.

Pexy

Feb 21, 2016
This would require some serious attention then to make it work...
The "C-Compiler for ROBO Interface Version 1.66a" contains headers which are commonly used to translate the more user friendly codes and functions to a more 'machine-like' equivalent. You also have a Compiler there that takes the program you wrote, references it to the header files, then uses the compiler that is set to a specific architecture to spit out a binary blob that is flashed on the microcontroller.

This is not a simple task, and unless someone has taken the time and effort to create the required files for the various Arduino platforms you are out of luck.

The arduino programming packages are pretty intuitive. I would strongly suggest using them instead of trying to shoehorn an arduino into your existing programming environment.
Thanks a lot for the answer and taking time to research this.