Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Arduino using ethernet for 3D printer Micro SD card

StealthRT

Sep 4, 2010
So I have a 3D printer that relies on me to place the sliced images onto a micro SD card on my computer and then transfer it onto the micro SD card and place it back into my 3D printer in order for me top call it up to print.

Me being a geek, I would like to know if there is any way I can use the Arduino to transmit the spliced image that would be on the micro SD card using ethernet? Something like Micro SD to ethernet.

I know that the Arduino itself can READ micro SD cards by purchasing a micro SD shield but that's just for reading. And I also know the Arduino itself can be controlled over the network via a ethernet shield.

So the question remains - Is it possible to use the Arduino in order for me to send my sliced file over my network to the micro SD card inside the 3D printer? Perhaps just soldered the micro SD connections themselves inside the 3D printer?

ies

Feb 8, 2012
There are SD cards with Wifi Connection so that you can send files to the SD card wirelessly. Just leave it in the 3D printer and send the .gcode file over to it.

Toshiba ezShare make them, probably others. Amazon carries them.