Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Assorted Resistor and Capacitor

prescott2006

Oct 9, 2010
Anyone could suggest which resistor and capacitor value that used most in home-brew project? Those project basically deal with LED and PIC. I want to buy them in bulk, but I do not know how to assort them. I wish to buy like 50 resistors and 50 capacitors. Looking forward for your help.:)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If it's for breadboarding you may be better off getting a pack of assorted resistors.

I have bought packs like this for breadboarding in the past. (Although not from there -- I just happened to be looking on their web site)

I grab a value I want, use it, and then return it to a box of mixed parts. If I can be bothered, I'll go looking for it there again, or just grab a new one.

For breadboarding stuff I am designing myself, I often use a lot of 1K resistors, the LEDs are a bit dim, for pull-up or pull down it can be a little low, but generally works. Quite often it's not overly critical.

You can do the same for capacitors. But an assortment of ceramic and electrolytic capacitors.

The packs are way cheaper than buying individual values and it avoids the issue of having to decide what values you'll need.