Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ATMEGA32 programing for HIH4000-003 & LM35

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
I have just started working with a friend on humidity and temperature sensors. I am new to programing does anybody have a code for the above listed sensors? The code is meant to be in the C language.

Last edited:

eptheta

Dec 20, 2009
The sensors are just inputs to the chip.
the mega32 has loads of inputs/outputs (32) and it's really easy to use.
All you need to figure out is what sort of output your sensors give...

I'm new to microprocessor programming too and my first one was an Atmega32 (I started using them just 2 weeks ago). I don't know much about interrupts etc right now, but you should start off by reading the datasheet's section on pinouts and registers.

You have a programmer right ?

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
The sensors are just inputs to the chip.
the mega32 has loads of inputs/outputs (32) and it's really easy to use.
All you need to figure out is what sort of output your sensors give...

I'm new to microprocessor programming too and my first one was an Atmega32 (I started using them just 2 weeks ago). I don't know much about interrupts etc right now, but you should start off by reading the datasheet's section on pinouts and registers.

You have a programmer right ?

Actually I have worked fairly on 8051. just this is the first time i am using atmega32. I am using a winAVR for it. and I have a kit but We are not able to use it up till now...

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
i would reccomend you use IC DS18S20 as your temperatur sensor and maxim HC-700 as your humidity sensor

the ds18s20 has a built in adc converter , and ready made data pins which is specially designed for a micro-device , so it interfaces quite easily .

To make life easier try using a standard generic 8051 , since all code is readily available , for example there is a standard code to interface an lcd for your sensor display , so you dont have to search or think of a code for a different controller

Last edited:

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
i would reccomend you use IC DS18S20 as your temperatur sensor and maxim HC-700 as your humidity sensor

the ds18s20 has a built in adc converter , and ready made data pins which is specially designed for a micro-device , so it interfaces quite easily .

To make life easier try using a standard generic 8051 , since all code is readily available , for example there is a standard code to interface an lcd for your sensor display , so you dont have to search or think of a code for a different controller

I take your advice and shall be using the p89v51rd2 now. but i am not getting program available for the hih4000 series. i have already purchased a pair of it. so i would now require your support for programming and interfacing it.