Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Attuning Universal Remote to a DVD/VCR device

Christophe

Mar 29, 2018
Hello. What I'm trying to do and thus far having no success with is getting a universal remote control to sync up with a DVD/VCR device. I have two models of remote control: one is a Logitech Harmony 650, the other is a Denon RC-1146. The DVD/VCR device itself is a Funai model ZV427FX4. Despite my friend having opened the device fresh out of the box not very long ago, he does not seem to have the remote control that goes with it. Also, curiously, the Logitech remote keeps insisting on its display that there's a FireTV somewhere in the room to connect to, which my friend does not HAVE.

Really, all I want to know is, is it even possible to get either of these remotes to sync up with the DVD/VCR device, is there something I should be doing that I simply haven't tried or thought of yet, or should I be looking for a different model of remote control? Any help or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, everyone.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
The remote and device must match frequencies. Not just one but all used for associated controls.
Either get one that suits the device or a universal remote with your model in the list.