Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Audio signals

Kittu20

Oct 21, 2022
I don't think I fully understand the concept of audio signals in digital electronics. I think each sound signal has a different frequency. the average human can hear less than this 20 Hz to 20 kHz.

Does audio spectrum analyzer take audio input and display its frequency on the screen? What frequency range can we see on the display screen

Kittu20

Oct 21, 2022
Hello,

You can use a soundcard on a PC with Audacity to show a FT spectrum of the audio

Bertus
Thanks but question is, Can a spectrum analyzer be made from an Arduino board? Then What frequency range can we see on the screen?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks but question is, Can a spectrum analyzer be made from an Arduino board? Then What frequency range can we see on the screen?
Yes.

The range will depend on the analogue filters you used to isolate the required bands you want to display. Basic analysers have band-specific filters that output a voltage in proportion to the amplitude of the frequency component you are filtering and that voltage is used by the Arduino to drive a column of LEDs.

Sophisticated analysers will have a continuously variable filter but will still take the output voltage and display it in a form you can see/understand.

The Arduino is commonly used to make audio spectrum displays and there are lots of kits available to build your own.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019