Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Audio/Video to RF. Help!!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I just assumed the Motorola MC1374P would do it "right," and after careful reading of its datasheet I conclude that it does.

ohhh it indeed does ... just not in Cuba ;)

I really feel for Miguel's position. He has been on this forum for several years and has struggled
through several projects that for anyone outside of Cuba would have been a breeze to complete
I give Miguel the big thumbs up for his achievements under adverse conditions

Dave

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I suppose if you have a lot of discrete NPN and PNP small signal transistors on hand, salvaged from discarded radios and TVs and other electronic stuff, you might be able to construct the circuitry used in the MC1374P, which is conveniently published in the datasheet without component values of course. There may even be some simplifications to be made because of the compromises designers must use when making integrated circuits. I wouldn't have the talent (or the patience) to begin or finish such a project, but perhaps Miguel has enough resources to try it.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Shades of "Back to the Future" where a 1985 IC was replaced with a tube circuit in 1955.

Bob

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
Thank you very much to all of you for your answers and comments.
Bless you all.

I tried two circuits this weekend, using Soviet 2T355 and 1T311 (this one is a Germanium) transistors but with no results. I didn't had to farkle as there was nobody nearby. I keep trying.

@hevans1944
Thank you very much for your explanation about farkling :D. I really enjoyed it and ROFL. I must say that I have farkled a lot of times in the same way that you describe. I think that that is an universal technique that all of the "cacharreros" know since the birth moment. All the best.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Thanks to Dave and Hevans1944.

That would be really nice, but there is nothing like that here. I work with scavenged components mostly, and usually from the Soviet era, ........

Really crazy, but that is life (pure and hard), and regret solves nothing, so I have to go ahead with whatever at hand. Hope both governments can work out this situation soon.

Miguel, I wish you the best of luck but I must confess that this issue confuses me. Regardless of a U.S embargo and strained relations I don't see how this issue negates the fact that damn near everything is exported from China, and they don't give a hoot about U.S. embargoes or U.S. - Cuban relations either. They'll ship to your small intestines if they can make a buck doing it.

If you can't get goods common to the rest of the world I'd suggest that you look internally for the reason.

Chris

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
CDRIVE said:
If you can't get goods common to the rest of the world I'd suggest that you look internally for the reason.
The reasons for scarcity in Cuban economy (and everyday Cuban's life) are many of them, but I'm not interested to discuss such topic on this thread.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
As I said.. I wish you the best of luck. You'll need it with your Soviet era Germanium's. :)

Chris

MadlinZax

Sep 21, 2015
First of clear that what kind of signal you are using. I mean is it analog or digital? Because both require different conversion techniques. For the analog signal you can simply built a circuit using OP-AMP and the some inductors. You may have the need to use the variable inductors. For digital signal must go for the microprocessor based circuit.

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
It is analog signal. Don't worry, I have desisted on this effort due to lack of knowledge and parts (and suitable equipment). Thanks anyway

Last edited: