Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Auto Shut Down denon 1713 AVR

Renushan

Nov 10, 2019
hi,
i got denon 1713 AVR .unit going to auto shut down after few minutes when it power on. then i tried to give some air by using table fan then it auto power on again for few minutes. as per the service manual i tried to find protection error code. the manual instruct me to press the dimmer , status and volume + buttons along with the power button. and ask me to press source button to select protect mode and press status button again. i did it . but as soon i press the status button it restart automatically without showing error codes. then i just press dimmer and status button, then it showed "no protection".
what will be the problem. is the problem with microprocessor or regulators of the power supply?
thanks

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
It can be caused by so many different things. I think it is hard to say without taking a look at the actual unit.

If i where you i would start with checking and replacing all the electrolytic capacitors. But thats only a whild guess.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Denon are rather complex and a difficult task even for one experienced.
Shutdowns are usually related to dodgy mosfets and there are many.

Renushan

Nov 10, 2019
It can be caused by so many different things. I think it is hard to say without taking a look at the actual unit.

If i where you i would start with checking and replacing all the electrolytic capacitors. But thats only a whild guess.
Thanks

Ylli

Jun 19, 2018
Too much digital intrusion into what is an intrinsically analog device - a tuner/linear amplifier.