Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Automatic Control Theory my homework help

M

memristor17

Jan 1, 1970
Hi, I have homework. It is about converting the block diagram to canonical form and converting the Closed Loop transfer function M (s) to the polynomial shape, and finding poles and zeros. and I couldn't find the poles and zeros I tried in Matlab undefined value, but I didn't value it because it doesn't say anything about us giving value in the assignment, I just threw the final version of the closed loop transfer function because I did the operations up to that part, all I could do was find the poles and zeros, Can you help?closed loop transfer function

Screenshot_20200522_225417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Is the expression you gave the closed loop transfer function?
I could not see any block diagram.
You seem to say that you "couldn't find the poles and zeros" and that "all you could do was find the poles and zeros".
By Matlab, do you mean the symbolic toolbox?
It appears that you have posted a transfer function as a fraction with a constant numerator and a denominator that is a quadratic in "s". From memory, zero result when the numerator is zero and poles when the denominator is zero.
Zeros of a quadratic seems do-able.
Perhaps you can fill us in on what I am missing?

M

memristor17

Jan 1, 1970
You seem to say that you "couldn't find the poles and zeros" and that "all you could do was find the poles and zeros".
It appears that you have posted a transfer function as a fraction with a constant numerator and a denominator that is a quadratic in "s". From memory, zero result when the numerator is zero and poles when the denominator is zero.

Screenshot_20200526_001201.jpg

M

memristor17

Jan 1, 1970
I'm sorry I answered late. In the meantime, I've tried to solve the question over and over again.
The question is:
For the block diagram given above, do the following desired and ask questions
1.Use the block diagram reduction methods to bring it to the basic block diagram to the canonical format.
2.Find the closed cycle transfer function in the simplest way.
(M(s) =Y(s) /R(s))
3.The block diagram transfer functions are given below. Accordingly;
A) Closed cycle transfer function (M(s) =Y(s) /R(s))
B) How many poles are zeros, if there are zeros in an infinite or pole, how many are in eternity?