Maker Pro
Maker Pro

AUTOMATIC WATER FLOW CONTROL

kishan hadia

Sep 11, 2012
HEY Everybody!!
I am working on a DIY project to control the flow of water into aBALL MILL (a kind of rolling cylinder used for making slury) from series of interconnected tanks containing about 20,000 liters of water!!

what i need to do is to control the amount of water to be passed in to the ball mill

i need aprox...18000 liters of water at a time. and atleast 100,000 liters a day

can any body help me out in this project!
i am totally new to transdusers and automation!!
:)
thank you in advance:):):):)

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
Let me get the ball rolling by saying that this does not sound like a DIY project, but something which requires serious engineering to avoid serious injury.

That said... :)

If I were doing it myself, I would have one pond/tank before the ball mill which holds exactly 18000 litres of water, which empties completely to fill the mill (with a valve to regulate the flow - meaning a pipe with a certain diameter).

While the mill is turning, my holding pond would fill and stop filling using the huge equivalent of a toilet cistern float valve which stops your toilet filling too far. Or you could have an electronically controlled valve with two electrodes which sense when the water level reaches them.

This could be controlled by a microprocessor or PC. Time the process to occur 5.5 times a day or have a detector detect when the slurry is fine enough. Easy ;)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Yep, you'll need a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), that's a microprocessor.
You'll need to integrate the pump, high and low level sensors, into the PLC. And
to make a simple program to control the porcess. Wingnut's right, it's easy.
(And not all that expensive). Otherwise you're going to have to use a worker to
do it all manually at regualr intervals.