Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Back Emf applied to same load?

russwr

Dec 20, 2019
Inductor coil 1.5Mh at 40V half wave DC 20KHz with 6 amps , can generate some back EMF. Coil polarity changes at the off time. + - to - + How can this be applied forward to same electrical load so as the higher voltage is added in? I have wire and diodes. Will it work as is with diodes, or is a capacitor needed similar to a boost charger in a different power wire line out?

Last edited:

crutschow

May 7, 2021
Can't. really understand what you want from your description, so please draw a schematic of what you have.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You can 'add' the reverse effect using diodes - this is how SMPS devices work but the end result is a DC output. Is this what you want or are you hoping to boost the effect of an RF heating device?

russwr

Dec 20, 2019
The regular type BOOST SMPS uses switching that connects to ground directly, which does not allow main current to go through 1.5MH coil and load. I need the back EMF of coil to assist the main flow through current to a load , so as main current pulse and low volts is aided by the higher EMF pulse directly after. An inverse parallel diode to A coil just wastes the inherent balance of energy. (I need 2 pulses to load) Do you know if- after the polarity of coil automaticlly switches around, during off time of half wave DC input, does the higher volts also automatically follow the main pulse in same direction? A neon bulb in circuit may show as indicator if parallel to the resistor load in series. (greater than 90 volts) Is this true? This was from a circuit in 2008 Georgia that added about 100 volts to 12volts pulses- no diagram available.

Last edited: