Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Back to the Breadboard

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
assuming correct usage of the barrel jacks switched pin, this will do.
Now ... you get to tear it all down and reapply it to a full pedal to include the board and perhaps a normally open switched 1/4" input jack for the full meal deal.
You have a usable block to build with though

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
Hmmm...two remaning issues.

1. My focus has been on how to get the DC barrel and Battery clip working together so as to power the LED in the right way, depending on whether the DC barrel is plugged in or not.

But, how do I make sure that the circuit itself gets the 9 Volts it needs? In other words, how do I get the 9 volts to the pin that begins to put in motion the voltage divider part of the circuit?

2. I'm not sure if this is a mistake. When the battery is powering the unit, the LED comes on when the effects are active, but goes off when I switch the stomp box switch off.

I notice however, that when I am using the wall plug power into the DC barrel, the LED lights up and stays lit, regardless of whether the pedal is on or off, in terms of the effect being activated.

When it is switched off, regardless of whether the battery or the wall is powering it, should the LED be off as well? If so, what mod do I have to make to make it so?

Thank-you

Last edited:

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
at some point Ill try to draft up the complete deal for you, including the n.o. switched input jack to cut power to the board when not in use.

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
Thanks. I have the rest of the circuit built, including the input and output jack and all three pots

VenomBallistics

Aug 30, 2018
figured I'd give KiCad a whirl ...It has some usable symbols but .. I said screw it and drew it by hand over some printed symbols.
Note the Normally open switched input jack to break battery negative when not in use. This should get you into and back out of trouble for this, and future builds.
img20210720_21010379.jpg

SparkyCal

Mar 11, 2020
Thanks for this VB. I have printed it out and will give it a go next time I'm at it.