Maker Pro
Maker Pro

basic of radio controlled devices

minnyi

Sep 10, 2014
Hello everyone, i m very new to here and also to electronic. Now i want to get started with RC devices. I searched on internet about RC. But there is no clear information and source of books. And i also found out that RC is regarded as Radio control and or remote control. In my case i mean RC car or airplane or something more complex. I want to know basic about transmitting and receiving signals, frequency. Can you guys please direct me some source of imformation about that? I perfer books, pdfs more bcause i have difficulties to be online for long period. Thanks in advance.

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
In general Radio Control is too complex for you to be able to build the circuits yourself.
The transmitters and receivers are available in the shops but it is much cheaper to buy a ready built plane copter or car.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
In general Radio Control is too complex for you to be able to build the circuits yourself.
The transmitters and receivers are available in the shops but it is much cheaper to buy a ready built plane copter or car.
In addition to the complexity involved, you require the proper test equipment to tune your circuits.
Blindly making RF devices is a bad idea and can result in creating a ton of interference to other circuits owned by your and others which could end badly.

Learn some basics, then try again later when you have some equipment and some extra skills ;)

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
In the USA frequencies for RC model operation are allocated by the FCC. See attachment. Most competition in the commercial market for RC transmitter/receivers seems to focus on direct sequence spread spectrum transmission in the 2.4 GHz band. I'm not aware of anyone making their own RC radio gear or even servo devices as a modeling hobby activity. Suggest you look for RC modeling monthly magazines in a good bookstore or possibly a hobby shop. Many such publications are available and will periodically have introductory & overview articles covering the state of RC electronics.

Attachments

• Frequency Chart for Model Operation.pdf
    99.5 KB · Views: 144

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
good responses everyone :)

To Minnyi

there are lots of RF modules available out there for radio control. Make use of them and aim you electronics experiments to connecting up the servo motors etc. Even that will keep you busy for a long time trying to figure it all out :)

Dave

minnyi

Sep 10, 2014
thank all of you for your advices. and i will come back later after i got alittle far. thanks again.