Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Basic question I imagine. Don't have a clue.

SeriousSeth

Nov 8, 2021
Can I connect the positive and negative from a standard USB cable to the relevent terminals on a 3 pin JST connector to provide power?

This would leave one terminal blank. I have a wireless mouse that charges via a dock (that I no longer have). The internal battery is connected via a 3 pin JST connector (guessing +, - and some form of battery management).

I have a spare lipo battery lying around that has a 2 pin JST connector on it and an adafruit powerboost 1000c that manages the charging but outputs the power via a USB type A port.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Can I connect the positive and negative from a standard USB cable to the relevent terminals on a 3 pin JST connector to provide power?
Technically this is possible. I don't know whether you can do it :)
I have a wireless mouse that charges via a dock (that I no longer have). The internal battery is connected via a 3 pin JST connector (guessing +, - and some form of battery management).
Hmmm, you're guessing.... You should be sure about this. Connecting a LiPo battery directly to 5 V will destroy the battery, you even risk fire.

SeriousSeth

Nov 8, 2021
Technically this is possible. I don't know whether you can do it :)

Hmmm, you're guessing.... You should be sure about this. Connecting a LiPo battery directly to 5 V will destroy the battery, you even risk fire.
Pretty certain I'd be ok with the soldering. Have tinkered around with various projects.

On the flip side you're right about the potential for fire so best not. If no help is available here it looks like I'll just have to throw the mouse away!

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Knowing the make and type of the mouse could be useful.