Maker Pro
Maker Pro

BAT60JFILM Vs BAT60A Vs BAT60B

roboDNA

Jul 22, 2022
What is the difference between Schottky Diodes BAT60JFILM BAT60A and BAT60B? I'm looking at the datasheets and see only minor differences in forward voltage drop specs. Does the letter represent the manufacturer?

If a design calls for BAT60JFILM, can I use a BAT60A instead?

Thanks!

danadak

Feb 19, 2021
BAT60B vs A, 1/2 the Vf, B large Ir >> A leakage current difference.

Regards, Dana.

roboDNA

Jul 22, 2022
Ok thanks! I am curious to find out what the letters represent ( A, B, JFILM ) I thought it may be the manufacturer.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Any manufacturer is free in choosing the name for his components.
Often, when a part is very similar if not identical, to another part, the name of the part contains a generic part number (here: BAT60) and an arbitrary number of arbitrary manufacturer-specific addenda, like "A", "B", "JFILM". The list is not even complete. Infineon, for example, has a BAT 60A E6327 etc.
Even the same manufacturer may add additional codes to identify e.g. different case styles or different selections (e.g. LED binning or transistor gain binning - I know, not applicable here).

For many discrete parts one can find also so called "cross reference" lists on the internet (used to be thick books printed on very thin paper ;)). These cross references should be taken as a guide to identify possible alternatives. One should, in my experience, never take the compatibility suggested by such lists as granted. The final truth is always found by comparing datasheets for relevant parameters.