Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Battery to hardwire

Norcalsparky

Jan 24, 2024
I've got a large older speaker that uses a 6sp1 battery pack that's hard to find. Anyone know if it would work to connect the charger it came with directly to the battery pack plug in connector on the speaker. I know it would only provide a positive & negative comnection. So I would have to forget about the blue & white thermistor & sensor wires, but it seems that wouldn't matter because battery heat would no longer be a concern. Thanks1706074212974.jpg

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I wouldn't.
Chargers are normally rated to deliver a lot lower current than the battery is capable of.
Also the charger would be expecting to see some kind of voltage from the battery to both regulate and terminate the charge.
6S1P batteries are available just about anywhere online, used in model aircraft, drones etc.

Norcalsparky

Jan 24, 2024
Thanks for the advice. I'm having a heck of a time finding this same battery with 4 wires.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I presume the battery is knackered and won’t charge?.
I’m surprised that you can’t use the speaker while ‘charging’ adapter is connected.

Either way, plenty of the same batteries online. Most differences are the BMS. You can always take your old one out of the old battery and place it on the new battery.

Martin