Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Beginner question : 555 timer pin 4

RhythMick

Nov 7, 2018
And talk about being a newbie... I just discovered stripboard ! I've been drilling 1mm holes in epoxy board and failing to line up the holes properly. Sigh... Feel like a right numpty...

Stripboard and Fritzing : that's quite a combination... they have the bridge rectifier part I'm using so I just left space.

Capture.JPG

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Why does your stripboard use wires parallel with strips?? Then you cut those strips where they should not be cut.

RhythMick

Nov 7, 2018
Why does your stripboard use wires parallel with strips?? Then you cut those strips where they should not be cut.

You're referring to the first orange wire I assume. Yes it's a little harder to follow when you only have the picture. The trimmer wiper feeds directly into pin 3 (1IN+), so I have to cut the rows above and below that.

I'm not denying there may be better configurations friend, I'm just a beginner at this.

RhythMick

Nov 7, 2018
Actually I realise that my question has been answered and this is turning more into a project log. I'll create a new one and consider this question closed. STEVE - thanks a million for your help buddy.