Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Beginnings.

Dylan Wisdom

Apr 10, 2014
How and what made you start getting involved in the world of electronics, and what do you use electronics for?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
How and what made you start getting involved in the world of electronics

I was given a "10 in 1 electronic projects kit"

and what do you use electronics for?

It's a hammer that's good for lots of nails.

I use it mostly for fun and helping people. I also repair stuff.

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Hi Dylan Wisdom!!

My dad got me started in electronics. One day I asked him what some parts on a circuit board where and he told me some about them. Then he got out a old electronics kit thingy he had and I started experimenting with it. And I've been doing electronics ever since!

I use electronics for a hobby and maybe some day I will use it for a profession.;)

Dan

Dylan Wisdom

Apr 10, 2014
For my story ever since I was really young I wanted to create Robots, and i always saw my step dad tearing apart computers and I would always ask "what does this do? What is that?". So i eventually became very interested in computers. I took and are taking computer programming classes in my school. As well as trying to be part of my schools robotics team, but decided to quit. Then recently I started to get interested In the idea of Robotics again due to my new experience of programming and computers, so i started teaching myself electronics. So that hopefully I can at least be a hobbyist robot builder. oh and i don't know if this really pushed me towards robotics but I did use to won a snap circuit kit when I was younger.

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Trash pick-up day was every Friday in my neighborhood. As a grade-schooler walking to school, I'd see all kinds of electronics in people's trashes. Much to my mother's dismay, I brought home things that I thought I could fix, and started repairing them in the basement. I'd strip parts from one unit to replace in others. We didn't hve much money, and I learned the hard way about stored voltages in capacitors and TV picture tubes, but I got a lot of extra things we otherwise never would have obtained, by selling repaired table-top clock radios, TV's and radios. Our family 9" black and white TV, was replaced by a Zenith 25" Color TV I got working. First time any of us had ever seen a
color TV. I just kept doing repairs, because I get personal satisfaction from taking something electronic that doesn't work, and making it work.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
scavenging rights to the local dump and dad brought home stuff for me to look at. always had a way of figuring things out easily. making one from scratch always eluded me though
right now I am using electronics to make a doll house for my 8 week old. yup its gonna be massive and I reckon 2 year project in amongst work.