Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bench power supply to PCB connector

djay

Mar 4, 2022
I have a bench power supply and I was wondering how I can connect it to a PCB board with a right angle male 4-pin connector?

Last edited:

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Your question is missing so much information that it is difficult to know where to begin. The answer you deserve is : Simple; use wires.

Beyond that, let's start with the basics:

What power supply?

What pc board?

What voltage?

What current?

Physical limitations - height, depth, cost, shielding, mechanical stress, etc?

ak

djay

Mar 4, 2022
My bad about that, the power supply in question can provide 30VDC of voltage and up to 3A of DC current, and I don't have details for the pcb since its a theoretical question and we assume there aren't any physical limitations

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
OK, that limits your choices to only 0.314 jillion options. What cable technologies do you have? Crimp pins pushed into a body? Insulation displacement? Solder cup?

Also, some very common connectors have a surprisingly short lifetime in terms of insertion/extraction cycles. What kind of workout will the connections experience?

To start, look into TE (Tyco, AMP, whatever) MTA and MTE series (0.156" spacing), and the Molex Mini-Fit series.

ak

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
What are the 4 wires?
If there are no limitations or restrictions, how would you like to connect them?
How do you envisage the finished product?
Will it be easy to connect and disconnect?

Martin