Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Besides GSM module, what can i use as notifier to owner that use wifi internet connection?

fareezmurad

Aug 18, 2014
I need something that can replace GSM module that use prepaid to notify the owner. If possible, hoe can i replace GSM module that only can sending message with something that can sent email? Any idea? (Sorry, my english are so bad)

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
If you want to send an email, you have some options:
-Use a GSM module, and rely on outbound SMS or 'calls' (That function like a modem) to connect to a 'gateway' that will convert the SMS or 'call' to an email. The gateway will then send the Email on the device's behalf.
-Use a GSM module that supports data so that you can send an email directly from the device. (This method will still require that the device is configured to use an outbound mail provider, and will usually require a data plan from the mobile provider)
-Use WiFi, and hope that it finds an open access point. (Not ideal!)

There are other solutions that rely on radio, but would be far too costly to setup. All of the work is taken care of already with cell towers, stick to that.

fareezmurad

Aug 18, 2014
I
If you want to send an email, you have some options:
-Use a GSM module, and rely on outbound SMS or 'calls' (That function like a modem) to connect to a 'gateway' that will convert the SMS or 'call' to an email. The gateway will then send the Email on the device's behalf.
-Use a GSM module that supports data so that you can send an email directly from the device. (This method will still require that the device is configured to use an outbound mail provider, and will usually require a data plan from the mobile provider)
-Use WiFi, and hope that it finds an open access point. (Not ideal!)

There are other solutions that rely on radio, but would be far too costly to setup. All of the work is taken care of already with cell towers, stick to that.
Is there any device that can sending sms message without using any prepaid?

fareezmurad

Aug 18, 2014
postpaid?
Thanks for suggestion. I just want to know some device that can be my notifier.

Example:
I have mailbox and i want a device that can notify me when there letter or mail being delivered in my mailbox. Can you give me any suggestion that possible beside using gsm?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'm sure you'll find some internet gateway products which can send an SMS. Of course it gets to your phone via GSM, but it doesn't mean you have to send it that way.

Google "SMS gateway"