Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Best basic electronics course

seaspray99

Nov 5, 2012
Hi, I started up a mobile phone repair business, did a few courses prior to starting but frankly I've learned more browsing the internet and reading books, I've fixed about 500 phones with all sorts of issues including soldering and chip level stuff, thing is I'd like to do a distance learning course to gain more knowledge and experience.

Just wondered if anyone knows of, or has taken one of these courses. Preferably UK based.

I appreciate all the relevant information is out there but I just feel I need something more structured.

I saw this on the web, it's from the USA, although I'm sure the basic principals are the same worldwide.

http://www.ciebookstore.com/basic-electronics-course

Many thanks

Last edited:

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
seaspray, electronics is electronics... or are...
anyway the issue is the course. does it cover what you want to know? does it also relate to you in your country?
I have found a few books that are much cheaper that might give you a good start. Make electronics has a heap of fun things to do in there and a few quizzes. try that out and then there are apps galore for mobile phones.
hope this all helps

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
I saw this on the web, it's from the USA, although I'm sure the basic principals are the same worldwide.
Not entirely. Down Under, where I live, the electrons go in the opposite direction. Something to do with the Coriolis effect I think ;)

Kris .... if you use : and ) only instead of ;-) you get the wink icon :)
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Kris, don't you mean "Up Over"?

I've fixed about 500 phones with all sorts of issues including soldering and chip level stuff, thing is I'd like to do a distance learning course to gain more knowledge and experience.

What is your current level of knowledge, skill, and experience?

I ask this because "chip level stuff" on mobile phones is suggestive of you being much more than a beginner in any of those three.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Kris, don't you mean "Up Over"?
Yeah, I remember seeing that post. Are you serious about "conclusive evidence" that the south pole is the "top" of the Earth? I didn't think it could be anything other than an arbitrary decision that went that way because the first map publishers lived on that end of the globe...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Are you serious about "conclusive evidence" that the south pole is the "top" of the Earth?

I don't think you can argue with Australia and New Zealand being top places to live can you?