Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Best circuit simulator

Xephera Geeb

Sep 6, 2014
I'm fairly new to electronics and have been trying out a couple free online circuit simulators, but I've found the few that I could all had problems with them.

I want to buy a simulator, or find a useful online one, but I don't know where to find good free simulators, or which simulator are good to buy. Could anyone recommend me what simulators are good?

Thanks

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I'm learning LT Spice, and it's doing well so far for me.
A couple regulars on here are familiar with it.

abuhafss

Aug 3, 2010
No doubt about LT Spice. After some practice you would find it quite easy and helpful.
Being newbie to electronics, you might also find the following 2 helpful:

1) Paul Falstad's Java based online simulator at www.falstad.com/circuit
2) Yenka at www.yenka.com

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
I want to buy a simulator, or find a useful online one, but I don't know where to find good free simulators, or which simulator are good to buy. Could anyone recommend me what simulators are good?
What is a "good" simulator? (What is a "good" amplifier?). I think, such a question cannot be answered.
When you are looking for a circuit simulator you should - at first - clarify:
*What is the main purpose of such a simulation program?
*Simulation in the time or frequency domain (Transient or AC response) ?
*Or just DC?
*Do you need some morte advanced simulation features (FOURIER, Monte Carlo,..)?

According to my experience, one of the most important selection criterion is how to handle/operate the program (how to select and place parts; how to specify the various simulator options,...).
With respect to these points I do NOT like, for example, LTSpice. My favorite program is PSpice.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
In the ressources section you'll find some tips on using LTSPICE.

Xephera Geeb

Sep 6, 2014
Thank you everyone for your opinions! I think I will be using LT Spice, as an overwhelming majority said that it was the way to go, and seems to definitely be the most popular simulator.