Maker Pro
Maker Pro

best volume control

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,
can anybody tell me about how to adjust volume and bass together and seperate in the same time?. That means with that control, i can adjust the volume and bass together. in the same time i can adjust the bass or volume by a seperate control.

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,
can anybody tell me about how to adjust volume and bass together and seperate in the same time?. That means with that control, i can adjust the volume and bass together. in the same time i can adjust the bass or volume by a seperate control. Here is the connection diagram of my project.

Attachments

• volume control.JPG
    volume control.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,083

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
They have to be separate controls

Dave

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Hi,
can anybody tell me about how to adjust volume and bass together and seperate in the same time?. That means with that control, i can adjust the volume and bass together. in the same time i can adjust the bass or volume by a seperate control. Here is the connection diagram of my project.
If V1 and V2 are ganged, i.e. a double POT that is turned together, then I think you already have what you are asking for. The V1/V2 control will control the overall volume and the bass control will effect only the bass.

Does not not perform that way?

Bob

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
the problem is ... having them (the 2 pots as dual ganged) tied together, at hi volume you will always have maximum bass boost or bass cut, depending on how you wired it, it would would be a real pain in the butt and totally pointless. You would never have separate control over the bass level without affecting the volume level or visa versa

Dave

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
If V1 and V2 are ganged, i.e. a double POT that is turned together, then I think you already have what you are asking for. The V1/V2 control will control the overall volume and the bass control will effect only the bass.

Does not not perform that way?

Bob
Hi bob,
My controls are single pots. if i use a dual pot, i will have to connect a balance control.
-vinod

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
the problem is ... having them (the 2 pots as dual ganged) tied together, at hi volume you will always have maximum bass boost or bass cut, depending on how you wired it, it would would be a real pain in the butt and totally pointless. You would never have separate control over the bass level without affecting the volume level or visa versa

Dave

Hi Davenn,
Thanks for your reply