Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Beware buying from china

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
My additional input, not already mentioned, is that you do not want use any China-made metal products in safety applications as they will wear too fast, IF they don't fail completely first. Tools and car parts (some actually boxed in previously reputable manufacturer packaging), are trouble. That's my years of experience.

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
I have bought quite a bit of stuff from AliExpress and Banggood. Have not bought anything from Temu.
I am very choosey on what I buy and most of it is fairly low value.
Haven't had any real problems apart from an up down voltage booster. I had bought over 20 from a supplier over about 18months when they changed their supplier. The output voltage from the new one wouldn't remain constant under varying loads. Got a full refund without much trouble.

ipromiseu

Mar 1, 2024
That's why it's better to get good quality no matter how expensive it is. Atleast it's just one time.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
That's why it's better to get good quality no matter how expensive it is. Atleast it's just one time.
That may be true but....how would you know.
Most clones (which work just fine) are either descriptively or via photo, unable to be verified one way or another.
Simply paying a higher price would be zero verification that one was receiving a so called "quality" item.
If you think some resellers had never thought that selling any clone at higher price would suck in the drongos, then you would be living with the fairies.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
The main beef I have is there is a very rarely any documentation for small electronic devices/circuits etc.

thom3s

Feb 20, 2024
I agree with this, however, this is hard to accomplish in today’s market where online shopping is the norm. And you can’t even trust the product reviews if they’re real. For big purchases, I still prefer to buy in-store.