Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bicycle gadget

Hi A

Feb 7, 2016
Hello, I have a project from school. I want to make a gadget that has red leds at the back and white leds facing front. Also, I would like to know how to put a sensor that calculates the speed of a bicycle and sound a buzzer when the bicycle moves too fast. Any advise on how to do this?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
Since this is your project, we don't do it for you but can give guidance. You are expected to show your efforts. What thoughts have you had so far?

Hi A

Feb 7, 2016
Thank you. I am making something to improve the safety of bicycles. I would like to have red leds facing the back and white leds facing front. I would like to have a sensor to sense the speed of the bicycle. If possible, I would also want something like a gyroscope to detect falls and activate a buzzer. Please help me about what I should use. Thank you.

Tinker Unique

Dec 1, 2014
There are several components available on the market that do what you want, but to build the 'system" I might suggest an LED flashlight and a small LED taillight from a car. The 'gyro' will need a small motor to keep it spinning and a "trigger" to switch the buzzer when it moves off the preset axis.