Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bipolar transistor SPICE modeling book

Ian Getreu

Jun 17, 2010
First, I apologize in advance to anyone who thinks this is an inappropriate posting - I did send an email several days ago to the "contact us" on this site asking if it was appropriate but have not received a reply.

After reading some of the threads, I do believe it would be of interest to some members of this site. I considered posting to those threads but most of them are several years old so I'm not sure if they are being read now.

About 30 years ago, I wrote a book titled "Modeling the Bipolar Transistor" that was originally published by Tektronix but is now out of print. It is still in demand as an introduction to the SPICE BJT model since it covers the theory and parameter measurements (admittedly using now out-of-date equipment).

Tektronix recently returned the copyright to me, so I have decided to re-publish it. It is now available from lulu.com/iangetreu. A discount is available this month (June 2010) by using the code SUMMERREAD305.

Again, if you think this is inappropriate, I apologize. I honestly believe it can answer some of the questions being asked.

If you wish to complain or otherwise comment directly to me, my email address is my last name at aol.com.

Thank you,

Ian Getreu

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Ian
welcome to the forums and a Happy NY :)

I see you have already posted in the long running and often heated discussion in the transistor theory thread

good to have you aboard :)

cheers
Dave

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
Hi Ian,

I have sent you a PM (Inbox).