Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Bloody cats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
We have four. All spoiled rotten.

One youngster (just passed his 1st year) went missing a couple of days ago and we 'found' him 60ft up a 100ft tree...... chasing bats.

We were a few hours from either getting the Fire Brigade to bring him down (we know the firemen and they like to exercise their skills this way!) or chopping the tree down when he wandered home whilst we were discussing the next step to take over a cup of tea.

Smug little bugger.......

:cool:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Having worked in the door brigade in my state for a number of years, I have heard several stories.

These are from a particular highly ranked officer who (I strongly suspect) was not a cat lover.

1) when approached by a person concerned that their cat was stuck up a tree, reply "madam, how many skeletons of cats so you see in trees?"
2) if this does not dissuade the owner, explain that the quickest method is to use a jet of water to dislodge the cat from the tree.

We have never faced this problem. The one cat who tries to climb trees has such a large attraction due to gravity that climbing seems impossible. If he were successful in climbing a tree it would probably fall over.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
"madam, how many skeletons of cats so you see in trees?"
LOL. So true.

Cats are so multi-emotional (making) though. Concern when they get lost (or hurt), endearing what they are playful/entertaining and heart breaking when you lose them. Same must apply to everyone that owns pets.

But where we live it would be a huge loss to cat-livelihood to NOT have some pet cats and allow them to run 'wild' and free! The four we currently own live the life of luxury that anyone would give a limb for!

FuZZ1L0G1C

Mar 25, 2014
We originally had two B&W bi-color American Shorthairs aka "Tuxedo Cats".
Older once passed a few years ago due to age.
His younger, boisterous half- "brother", Blackbeard or just "BB", now runs the house (ragged).
3AM: Deep sleep.. dreaming of .. thunder??.. Vrooom!!
Cat tears across bed and thunders back again across wooden floorboards, slams into wardrobe, says "preow?". **
** Translations: (1)"Get up and feed me" ; (2)"are you watching me?".
Total Nutcase. . . ^^
Recently chuckled at a 'Discovery Family / Now That's Funny' clip on DSTV:
Couple trying to get sleep behind closed bedroom door..
Locked out cat discovers spring-loaded door stopper, snakes arm/paw around bottom gap of door.
"Boing... boing... boing..."

Status
Not open for further replies.